My word of the year is “less.” I’m not sure exactly what that looks like in practice but I’m thinking it means making more space for what is important. Literal and figurative space. Because less is more right? I am a big believer in the power of gratitude. So … less stress about my to-do lists means more energy to focus on what I’m grateful for.
My plan is to post a quick gratitude roundup here at the end of each month. I’ll take stock and hopefully, as needed, refocus my attention. So here, in no particular order, are a few of the things I’m grateful for from January 2018…
- One more month of avoiding Flumaggedon! We managed to get through the month without the flu which seems to be taking down every other person we know. Fingers crossed we can continue to avoid the flu germs.
- The Navy veteran and stranger who paid for my whole Starbucks order. You were in line in front of me and I don’t know who you were or what inspired your generosity but I paid it forward immediately by buying for the person behind me. If y’all know the person who drives a white SUV with the plates SUBSVC, tell them I’m sending them all the positive vibes. They made my day during a hectic week.
- Happy mail is probably going to be on my list every month. And that’s fine with me. This month ended with a post box stuffed full of letters, postcards and packages from all over the world. And I love making those connections.
- The best team in the world is Etsy Dallas. It’s a fact. And I’m thrilled and excited to be a part of this team again. I believe this will be my seventh year. It is going to be amazing. We have so much in store for 2018.
Life with a toddler and an infant is full of sweet snuggles, dirty diapers and very little sleep. That doesn’t leave a lot of time for cooking so Zach and I were excited to get the opportunity to try MOOYAH’s turkey burgers.
has partnered with MOOYAH
restaurant to offer a Jalapeño Jack Turkey Burger. Spicy, healthy dinner we don’t have to cook? Yes, please.
For less than $25, we each got a turkey burger with fries and Zach got a vanilla shake.
If you want a chance to win some MOOYAH Moolah (get it?), be sure to share some shots of your MOOYAH
meals and tag your social media posts with #myMOOYAH.
I don’t know anyone who loves being outside as much as my little adventurer. We have to make the most of this warm weekend weather before the cold comes back. Here’s wishing you a weekend filled with nature and adventures!
The latest in our house?
1. Multitasking (e.g. brushing hair and teeth at the same time)
2. Moving furniture (stacking included)
I love simple days. Today was one of those. We played inside where it’s nice and warm. Miles and I took a nap. And we had family dinner early … at the table.
We ate leftover chili from last night. Miles ate almost all the beans from mine. This was a spicy chili too. That kid loves spicy food. I shouldn’t be surprised. This is the same toddler who likes to eat salsa with a fork when we go out …
After our family meal, it was back to the playroom. Miles played with his cars while Zach read and I wrote some letters. A simple Saturday with my family. I loved it.
Tried a slow cooker taco chicken chili recipe I found on Pinterest. This chili is spicy and delicious. And it was super easy to make. That is my favorite kind of recipe. I used spicy black beans and upped the cayenne. Highly recommend.
Zach had a meeting after work, so Miles and I went to the store for crockpot chili ingredients. Miles always wants to sit in a “big chair” (the tables and chairs at Whole Foods) and eat a treat before we leave. So we did. And we took silly selfies. Love sweet moments with my favorite little boy.
Miles thinks our new IKEA chair is just for him. Maybe tomorrow he’ll let me try it out too.
seven eight earthquakes today. I felt four of them. We even had a few things shake off our shelves. Bizarre.
After all the shaking, I fell asleep while putting Miles to bed. Now I’m awake and doing laundry. Such a party animal. Haha!
I love all things stationery. I love writing letters. I love fountain pens and gel pens. I love decorating envelopes with doodles, washi and pretty stamps. I’m on postcrossing, Swap-bot and recently became an official member of the Letter Writers Alliance.
I have a big stash of letter sets, stickers, tape, envies, etc. dedicated to my writing
addiction hobby. (More posts to come about keeping it all sorted and contained.)
Anyway, my awesome husband got me a gift card to Paper Source for Christmas. I’m so excited, y’all!! And how adorable are their square gift card envies? I got the latest Paper Source catalog in the mail a few days ago and I’ve already got a few things in mind to buy. One can never have too much stationery.
Speaking of “square,” that also happens to be today’s prompt for #fmsphotoaday. Hooray!