Here, in no particular order, are a few of the things I’m grateful for from February 2018…
• My amazing artist friends and teammates over at Etsy Dallas continue to inspire me every day.
• I’m over the moon to be a new contributor for Dallas Moms Blog! So happy to work with such a talented group of writers.
• Happy mail! I’m a Pipsticks subscriber now and omg y’all. If you love stickers, you need Pipsticks in your life.
I’m trying to get more comfortable with my recorded voice (ugh). So I’m going to try to keep doing these video reviews. I’ll be back soon with my March gratitude post.
As part of my Year of Less, I’m focusing on something my coworkers and I tell the students we work with all the time: Finished is greater than perfect.
Deadlines exist for a reason and perfection isn’t the goal. Done is the goal. While I’m great at meeting deadlines for others and at work, it’s something I’m not so great about when it comes to my shop or my personal goals.
There’s a reason this blog skipped 2017. I had all these big plans and then never had time to make it perfect so… here we are in 2018.
Maybe it’s the age of social media and the fact that people curate their lives to magazine quality, but it can seem like everyone else has it all figured out. Have you ever met an adult who said they have it all figured out and adulting is easy? Didn’t think so.
Finished>perfect. So I’m giving myself permission to ramble at you even though the editor in me is cringing. Less perfectionism = more accomplishments. I don’t have some magic trick or trade secret. I just want to get things done.
My word of the year is “less.” I’m not sure exactly what that looks like in practice but I’m thinking it means making more space for what is important. Literal and figurative space. Because less is more right? I am a big believer in the power of gratitude. So … less stress about my to-do lists means more energy to focus on what I’m grateful for.
My plan is to post a quick gratitude roundup here at the end of each month. I’ll take stock and hopefully, as needed, refocus my attention. So here, in no particular order, are a few of the things I’m grateful for from January 2018…
- One more month of avoiding Flumaggedon! We managed to get through the month without the flu which seems to be taking down every other person we know. Fingers crossed we can continue to avoid the flu germs.
- The Navy veteran and stranger who paid for my whole Starbucks order. You were in line in front of me and I don’t know who you were or what inspired your generosity but I paid it forward immediately by buying for the person behind me. If y’all know the person who drives a white SUV with the plates SUBSVC, tell them I’m sending them all the positive vibes. They made my day during a hectic week.
- Happy mail is probably going to be on my list every month. And that’s fine with me. This month ended with a post box stuffed full of letters, postcards and packages from all over the world. And I love making those connections.
- The best team in the world is Etsy Dallas. It’s a fact. And I’m thrilled and excited to be a part of this team again. I believe this will be my seventh year. It is going to be amazing. We have so much in store for 2018.
I wrote this post about making and maintaining goals/New Year’s Resolutions a couple weeks ago for Etsy Dallas, and wanted to share here as well because I love these Dallas makers and their wares.
I’ve been reading and thinking about hygge. And I’ve chosen my word of the year: less. Less is more in 2018. Who knows? Maybe I’ll finally end the clutter and catch up with the mountain of laundry. Here’s wishing us all a magical and adventurous 2018.
Life with a toddler and an infant is full of sweet snuggles, dirty diapers and very little sleep. That doesn’t leave a lot of time for cooking so Zach and I were excited to get the opportunity to try MOOYAH’s turkey burgers.
has partnered with MOOYAH
restaurant to offer a Jalapeño Jack Turkey Burger. Spicy, healthy dinner we don’t have to cook? Yes, please.
For less than $25, we each got a turkey burger with fries and Zach got a vanilla shake.
If you want a chance to win some MOOYAH Moolah (get it?), be sure to share some shots of your MOOYAH
meals and tag your social media posts with #myMOOYAH.
I don’t know anyone who loves being outside as much as my little adventurer. We have to make the most of this warm weekend weather before the cold comes back. Here’s wishing you a weekend filled with nature and adventures!
The latest in our house?
1. Multitasking (e.g. brushing hair and teeth at the same time)
2. Moving furniture (stacking included)
I love simple days. Today was one of those. We played inside where it’s nice and warm. Miles and I took a nap. And we had family dinner early … at the table.
We ate leftover chili from last night. Miles ate almost all the beans from mine. This was a spicy chili too. That kid loves spicy food. I shouldn’t be surprised. This is the same toddler who likes to eat salsa with a fork when we go out …
After our family meal, it was back to the playroom. Miles played with his cars while Zach read and I wrote some letters. A simple Saturday with my family. I loved it.